Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Family Tradition

29. September 2009 interview with Peter Jennings Scholar nodir Makhmudov. As a child nodir Makhmudov had little interest in a doctor if they are large, despite the fact that both parents were doctors. Only after having immigrated to the U.S. from the central Asian country of Uzbekistan, which have changed my mind. Only 16 when he came here as an international student, lived with a family in Kansas and then moved to New York after six months. MyHe was not fluent in English and I felt very alone, without any sense of how to get a job or go to school, remember. I lacked confidence and had difficulty dealing with people. Rapid path forward four years to 2009: Makhmudov completed his first semester at BMCC with a grade point average of 3.72 and a full calendar of volunteer activities. Together with two classmates BMCC, recently received a scholarship of 2009 Peter Jennings Laurel Award, which recognizes the achievementsCUNY exceptional students who have purchased a General Equivalency Diploma through the CUNY special program. Perhaps most important, today Makhmudov has a clear vision for the next part of his life: the end of the BMCC, transfer to a program of pre-med and then to medical school. For some reason I did not want to see a doctor when I lived in Uzbekistan, but after that I came here to be changed, says Makhmudov. My father, who was a cardiologist, I was inspired to study abroad. I came heresoon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment